WHY DO YOU NEED A DOCTOR'S NOTE?
YOU CAN BE REQUIRED BY LAW TO PRODUCE IT!
In order to prove that an animal is a service animal, you may be asked to provide documentation from a licensed professional (doctor, psychiatrist, or other mental health professional) stating that the animal is an essential part of treatment for a disability. A landlord, airline or business may ask you to provide a doctor's note or they could deny you and your service animal.
Regardless of whether you are asked to show a doctor's letter, it is very helpful to have one on file just in case.
- Call for a free consultation or just to ask us a question
- A doctor in our network may be able to prescribe a support animal with only one phone call
- You don’t pay anything unless the doctor approves your animal
- There’s absolutely no risk to you, so give us a call
TRAVELING WITH ANIMALS
To travel with a psychiatric service animal or emotional support animal on an airplane, you must provide supporting documentation that must be from a licensed mental health professional or a medical doctor and state:
- That you have a mental or emotional disability recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
- That you need the emotional support or psychiatric service animal as an accommodation for air travel and/or for activity at your destination.
- That the individual providing the assessment is a licensed mental health professional or medical doctor, and you are under his or her professional care.
LIVING WITH ANIMALS
Landlords are required to make a reasonable accommodation for a person who requires a service animal or emotional support animal that allows that person to live with the animal, even if the landlord has a no-pets policy. However, the landlord may require written documentation that the animal is truly a prescribed service or emotional support animal.
OUR NETWORK OF MEDICAL DOCTORS WILL GET YOU YOUR REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION TODAY
***UPDATE! As of 2016, American Airlines is requiring extra documentation filled out by a medical professional to accompany the doctor's letter and your service animal. However, if you would like to have this filled out by our medical doctor, please let us know and we can send a supplemental document along with the doctor's letter for a small additional fee.
Call to set up you consultation with a doctor now: (985) 257-2726 and select option #3
or fill out the form below for a call from a doctor:
Our Simple Process
Call us or set up a time for our medical professional to call you and see if you qualify.
If you qualify, select your desired letter for Travel and Housing for an Emotional Support Animal or Service Animal.
Fill out your details and the details of your animal.
Receive your Doctor Letter for Airline Travel and Housing immediately via email for print and use.